01 November –
Find out how to grow your business at the SPARK/Santander Breakthrough Event
We're pleased to invite you to our Breakthrough event for an afternoon dedicated to helping you on your business journey.
This Breakthrough event aims to give you the inspiration, practical insights and professional support you need to start or develop your own business, as well as see it survive and thrive.
Our topic for the evening is employing staff – the dos and the don’ts and some ideas on how to support your Business when it comes to attracting talent.
You’ll have the chance to hear from a couple of guest speakers - Peninsula, the Employment Law specialists and also from the Santander Internship programme. Some of the areas we will cover are:
- Recent changes in Employment Law e.g. shared parental leave and overtime in holiday pay
- What Brexit really means for employers
- Increasing employee productivity and engagement
- Managing internet and social media use during and after office hours
- Dealing with an under-performing worker
- Recruiting & retaining the best staff
- Reducing absenteeism in the workplace
- Auto-Enrolment & Pension Reform
- Interns as a way to bring in expertise
They’ll share their experience and learning on the employment theme and be able to answer any questions you have.
You’ll also get to network with like-minded local businesses, so you can discuss the key issues impacting the area, share ideas and find ways to support each other.
We’ll open our doors at 3:00 pm for a prompt start and will conclude the evening at 4.30pm.
How do I RSVP?
Please RSVP confirming your attendance including your name and business name to Sandra Simpson firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to welcoming you to the event.
Venue: SPARK Business Incubation Centre, Creative Industries Centre, University of Wolverhampton Science Park, Wolverhampton, WV10 9TG
FREE to attend
You can register to attend here