The YMCA Black Country Group is a local YMCA charity which primarily operates across Dudley, Sandwell, Walsall and Wolverhampton. It delivers a wide range of youth and community services, including accommodation, family work, health and well-being, training and education, and support and advice.
UnLtd is the leading provider of support to social entrepreneurs in the UK. It invests directly in individuals and offers a complete package of resources, from awards of funding to ongoing advice, networking and practical support.
The award on offer is called the ‘Sandwell Social Entrepreneur Programme: West Bromwich’ and it combines £2,500 towards business costs and a one-year lease on a new incubator unit at the YMCA building in West Bromwich.
The team are looking for an individual who wants to develop a venture addressing social issues in Sandwell, or an individual or new enterprise to support other social entrepreneurs, or a combination of both.
The aim of the award is to support an innovative social entrepreneur who is trying to transform their community through a social enterprise. The award winner must demonstrate an innovative approach to delivering services to residents across Sandwell.
The award winner will be someone who:
• is passionate about improving their community and gaining skills for themselves
• lives, works, volunteers or has a business in Sandwell
• knows their local area, the challenges it faces and the opportunities
• has a great idea that will be of benefit to their community.
Sandwell Council, UnLtd and YMCA Black Country Group will work together with the award winner to create a hub which makes money, grows social impact and supports other social entrepreneurial activity in Sandwell.
The Sandwell Social Entrepreneur Programme offers the winner:
• Personal support: 1-to-1 support to help develop ideas, understand budgets and gain skills
• Networking: the opportunity to connect with others, including partners who bring expertise, knowledge and skills to help develop an idea further
• Resources: a one-year license on an incubator unit and a cash award of £2,500.
To apply for the award please request an application form by emailing email@example.com. The closing date for completed applications is Monday 6 June. Shortlisted applicants will be invited to present their ideas to a panel at a pitching event on Tuesday 14 June.
If you are interested in setting up a social enterprise why not attend a ‘How to set up a social enterprise’ workshop being delivered by UnLtd in partnership with Sandwell Council on Tuesday 17 May? Visit our event page for more details.
[Image supplied by: http://www.freedigitalphotos.net/]