West Midlands Manufacturers are set to converge on Smethwick next month to showcase their manufacturing prowess, engineering expertise and rail innovations to a prestigious group of designers from HS2. The joint event being hosted by the West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) and HS2 Ltd alongside business support partners, Black Country Growth Hub are holding a special event on Thursday 14 July 2016, enabling the regions firms to meet the specifiers and specialist engineers charged with designing the first phase of the London-Birmingham high speed rail project.
With the West Midlands set to benefit from an estimated £50 billion pound worth of construction opportunities and associated civil engineering works aligned to Europe’s biggest infrastructure project, the business benefits could be huge for forward-thinking engineers, innovative, clued-up manufacturers and prospective suppliers with the technology skills, resources and ingenuity to meet HS2’s design challenges.
At the free event, which takes place at the Sandwell Business Solutions Centre in Smethwick attendees will be able to:-
* Meet with HS2’s design and BIM (building information modelling) decision-makers tasked with bringing innovative technologies and best practice to the UK’s iconic infrastructure project
* Meet the actual design team making architectural specifications and rail technology decisions on HS2 and present your products to them for design consideration(s)
* Hear from HS2’s design chief – Jon Kerbey, BIM Director, who’ll unveil the design visions and rally prospective suppliers to gain the essential BIM skills needed to work on HS2
* Deliver a 15 minute product demonstration CPD in our Designers’ Den and make a technical presentation to a panel of HS2 specifiers, showcasing your rail-related technologies, construction products, materials and component innovations
* Learn about expert support for the WM rail supply chain including the launch of OnTrackWM – a pioneering virtual high-speed rail portal
* Network over a complimentary breakfast with like-minded engineers, manufacturers and built environments professionals, with a mind to collaborating on digital engineering skills, 3D technology, rail industry knowledge, and carbon-reducing initiatives.
This is a must-attend event for business owners, directors, engineers, product designers, business development professionals and prospective suppliers looking to win work, forge links, get fit and ready to supply current and future rail improvement projects set for our region. This is essential knowledge to help you succeed and It’s FREE to attend.
To find out how you can sign up to attend – check our events page.
Meet the HS2 (BIM) Design team kindly supported by