The overriding message of ‘Vision 2030’ is closer partnership working between all sectors in Sandwell. For this to happen collaboration, co-production, planning and strategy have to be at the core of this vision.
‘Vision 2030’ sets out ambitions for the borough on ten key themes:
- Raising aspirations and resilience
- Healthier for longer and safer
- Young people to have skills for the future
- Raising the quality of schools
- Lowering crime and antisocial behaviour
- Excellent public transport to the region and beyond
- Major new housing along transport routes and employment sites
- Create environments in the six towns where people choose to live
- Hosting industries of the future
- National reputation for getting things done
It is hoped that focusing on these areas will boost business in Sandwell, create a skilled workforce geared up to respond to economic changes, foster major new employment sites in the region and address the issues that really matter in people’s lives and their wider community.
There is also a breakfast café conversation on Monday 20 March where you will have the opportunity to influence how ‘Vision 2030’ will work for business in Sandwell. More details can be found on our events listing.