This week we are celebrating Sandwell’s wealth of fantastic restaurants serving an abundance of delicious dishes from India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal. Whether you fancy a balti or a biriani, a spicy vindaloo or cool korma, you’re never far from a curry house that can cater to your tastes.
But if you fancy something new, how do you choose where to go? Well, more and more people are turning to online ratings sites, one of the biggest being TripAdvisor, which ranks hotels, restaurants and activities according to user reviews. The Birmingham Mail recently searched the site to collate a list of the most highly ranked curry houses in Sandwell.
The list reveals that the top-rated restaurants are spread across the borough, with Tipton, Bearwood, West Bromwich, Smethwick, Rowley Regis, Wednesbury and Oldbury all represented. Most of the curry houses on the list serve Indian or Bangladeshi dishes – however, coming out on top with a perfect five-star rating and no negative reviews, is Gurka 1816 in Wednesbury, which specialises in Nepalese cuisine.
The full list is below. If you live near one of these but haven’t visited, customer ratings suggest you could be missing out. On the other hand, if you think your local curry house deserves to be on the list, make sure you get online and give them a ratings boost. Tell the world about the great food that awaits them in Sandwell.
Trip Advisor’s best rated curry houses in Sandwell:
11. Major Curry Affair, Fisher Street, Tipton – Bangladeshi
10. Purnima, Bearwood Road, Bearwood – Indian
9. The Vine, Roebuck Street, West Bromwich – Indian
8. Standard Tandoori Restaurant, Bearwood Road, Smethwick – Indian
7. Four Ways Bar and Grill, Portway Hill, Rowley Regis – Indian
6. Lamp Restaurant and Bar, Upper High Street, Wednesbury – Indian
5. Akash Balti Restaurant, High Street, West Bromwich – Indian
4. Little Bangla, Langley High Street, Oldbury – Bangladeshi
3. The New Talbot, Black Lane, West Bromwich – Indian
2. Zaalsha, Abbey Road, Smethwick – Indian
1. Gurkha 1816, Wood Green Road, Wednesbury – Nepalese
#madeinsandwell Monday is a celebration of the talent and diversity within our borough. If you’re interested in being considered for a #madeinsandwell Monday profile and having information about your organisation shared on Think Sandwell and through Twitter, read this.