Have you applied yet to join the Aston Programme for Small Business Growth yet?
The programme supports small and medium-sized businesses in the Coventry and Warwickshire, and Greater Birmingham and Solihull LEP regions. It is designed to develop leadership skills and build a targeted growth strategy for SMEs.
As part of Aston Business School, the Centre for Growth helps businesses through a range of targeted specialist programmes. The Aston Programme for Small Business Growth is free of charge and offers:
- workshops taught by experts in SME leadership and management
- one-to-one support to help tackle business issues
- networking with other early-stage business owners from the Midlands
- SME case studies from business leaders talking about their growth journey
- guidance through various external finance options available
- opportunity to pitch your growth strategy to external experts
- time to explore the strategic growth opportunities for your business.
The core of the programme is a series of nine one-day workshops taking place over six months, which cover topics relevant to leaders of growing SMEs including:
- strategy and business models
- opportunities and innovation
- managing business finances and options for external finance
- leadership, culture and people
- marketing strategies.
One-to-one support is available from an experienced SME growth mentor, who will help businesses work on relevant issues and support them in developing a growth strategy.
Between 2016 and 2019, as a direct result of this programme, 173 new jobs were created, and an additional £1m was contributed to the UK economy.
To apply to be part of the programme you need to submit an application form, available at www.aston.ac.uk/smallbusinessgrowth or email email@example.com. It only takes around 20 minutes to apply.
The closing date for applications is Friday 25 October, and interviews take place on Wednesday 6 November. The first workshop takes place on Wednesday 13 November.
For further information, and workshop dates and details please visit www.aston.ac.uk/smallbusinessgrowth.