Lockdown has been quite a journey. Cycling and walking is more popular than ever so don’t stop now.
Make this your Big Summer of Cycling and Walking. We’re investing into creating a region that supports healthy, greener and safer travelling, to help you continue to roll & stroll.
Whatever your travel plans? We are here to help you start and enjoy the adventure along the way. There’s never been a better time to encourage staff cycle and walk to work around the West Midlands than right now. We have a range of exciting projects coming over the summer – so, get your roll and get your stroll on!
Sandwell Council is working alongside Transport for West Midlands to offer free business support through the Roll & Stroll for Businesses programme.
Why is this free support available?
This is as part of the response to COVID-19 off the back of the funding allocated by the UK government in the form of cycling and walking improvements in your area. If you’re business is located in close proximity to the emergency infrastructure you could benefit from this offer.
What are we offering to businesses?
Businesses near the emergency infrastructure can now apply for a variety of free activities to support your employees and their journeys to work such as:
- Free Cycle Parking for Organisations supported by Park that Bike
- Free bike maintenance through Love Your Bike sessions
- Fix, Learn and Ride through Cycling UK’s Big Bike Revival grants to delivery centres and clubs
- A single platform to track rides, complete virtual rides, win prizes and find answers and free resources to help employees ride more comfortably through Love to Ride
- Cycle confidence training, Learn to Ride sessions, equipment packages and promotion of ‘Ride Social’ through British Cycling
- Free adult cycle training
If this sounds something you would be interested in please contact Catherine Tomlin (email@example.com) who can provide free assistance on behalf of TfWM and Coventry City Council in applying for these offers.