Tuesday 22 September is the second annual Mayor’s Giving Day, an event that brings businesses together to support local good causes. And this year it’s going virtual, with loads of activities taking part online.
On Mayor’s Giving Day, dozens of charities and community organisations across the West Midlands benefit from a raft of initiatives to raise money and support those in need. Businesses both big and small, from all sectors, showcase their philanthropic achievements and encourage others to get involved.
Events this year will include a virtual bike ride organised by Birmingham-based finance firm Haig & Co, raising money for Parkinson’s UK and a fitness challenge for Wolverhampton hospice charity Compton Care.
If your business hasn’t signed up yet, here are some ideas to get you thinking about how you can take part:
- Find out which of your colleagues has the X-factor by hosting a videoconference talent show.
- Get fit and win prizes with an against-the-clock stay-at-home scavenger hunt.
- Share your experience and expertise by giving a virtual workshop.
- Find out if owners really do look like their dogs in an online pet show.
- Host a bake-along with friends and colleagues, then eat the results.
- Show off your wealth of useless information by running a quiz.
Whether it’s giving time, skills or financial support, even the smallest acts can make a huge difference, especially when multiplied. Whatever you’re doing for Mayor’s Giving Day, register on the website then remember to share pictures and updates online, tagging #WMGivingDay20 and @ThinkSandwell so that we can help spread the word.