Manufacturing Made Smarter (MMS) is one of the Government’s Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund programmes, investing £147m into creating a fully connected, dynamic manufacturing ecosystem inspiring innovation across academia, technology providers and manufacturers.
As part of the programme a series of webinar events focused on helping manufacturers and digital technology companies is taking place from Wednesday 14 April to Tuesday 29 June. The events are being held by KTN’s Made Smarter Innovation Network and the aim behind them is to help companies make manufacturing smarter.
The webinars will showcase the journeys of manufacturers who have been innovative in their adoption of digital technologies to improve performance, alongside digital technology providers creating innovative solutions to aid the manufacturers journey.
This webinar series will explore the opportunities each of the following digital technologies has to offer:
- Additive manufacturing
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Machine learning
- Data analytics
- Augmented reality (AR) and Virtual reality (VR)
- The Internet of Things (IoT)
The MMS programme promotes the idea that these technologies are the tools with which UK manufacturing can become more modern, innovative, connected, flexible, resilient and productive.
Each of the webinars in the 12-week series will showcase a manufacturer, digital technology provider and UK technology founder to share their experiences, best practice and key challenges across 12 improvement themes including:
- Wednesday 14 April – Industrial Energy Efficiency
- Tuesday 20 April – Web Based Customer Order Tracking
- Tuesday 27 April – Continuous Improvement
- Tuesday 4 May – Factory Floor and Production Systems
- Tuesday 11 May – Predictive Maintenance
- Tuesday 18 May – New Product Development
- Tuesday 25 May – Quality Management
- Tuesday 1 June – Mass Customisation
- Tuesday 8 June – Circular Economy
- Tuesday 15 June – Design for Manufacture
- Tuesday 22 June – Servitisation
- Tuesday 29 June – Flexible Manufacturing
Who should attend?
If you are a manufacturer aspiring to be more productive, efficient, competitive, resilient through the use of digital technologies, an integrator or a digital technology solution provider or developer who wants to reach a manufacturing audience, then this event series will be of interest to you.
You can register for one or more of the webinars based on your specific areas of interest. To register visit https://ktn-uk.org/events/made-smarter-innovation-network-industrial-energy-efficiency/.