Learning social responsibility: Environmental taster day
EnTRESS (Environmental Technologies & Resource Efficiency Support Service)
is holding a free environmental taster day in collaboration with Birmingham & Black Country Wildlife Trust.
The environmental taster day is taking place on Tuesday 29 November from 9am – 4.30pm at Somers Sports and Social Club in Halesowen.
The idea behind the event is to offer small and medium sized enterprises in the Black Country the opportunity to attend a corporate social responsibility day for free.
During the day businesses will gain practical experience at an active habitat creation project in Seth Somers Park, whilst gaining knowledge about how they can improve their own sites, the wider environment and feed into the natural capital agenda as well.
Eligible SMEs will also receive fully funded support from the EnTRESS project with the adoption of environmental technologies and resource efficiency processes for the reuse, recycling and recovery of materials and resources.
The agenda for the environmental taster day event is:
- 9am – Registration, networking, refreshments
- 9.30am – Welcome and introductions
- 9.40am – Introduction to EnTRESS and CSR
- 9.50am – The importance of urban habitat management
- 10.30am – Refreshment break
- 11am – A wilder Birmingham and Black Country: how your business can play a part
- 12.30pm – Lunch and informal networking
- 1.30pm – Wild Experience Day taster – hedge planting at Seth Somers Park
- 3.30pm – Feedback, reflection and next steps
- 4.30pm – Event ends.
There is no charge to attend but pre booking is required. You can register you place here: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/environmental-taster-day-tickets-449560576787
To find out more about how your Sandwell business can do more to protect the environment visit our Going greener page. Our ‘going greener’ resources will help you play your part in conserving energy, reducing carbon use and carbon dioxide emissions, and helping to prevent human-made climate change.