Major works in Oldbury town centre: Monday 6 February – Tuesday 16 May
A new electricity supply to Sandwell Council House is being installed by National Grid, starting on Monday 6 February. To facilitate this there will be major works taking place in Oldbury and significant delays to traffic are expected especially at peak times.
There are no road closures planned but there will be a combination of lane closures and temporary signals operational on roads around Oldbury town centre between Monday 6 February – Tuesday 16 May.
Works have been planned to minimise disruption where possible and on Monday 6 February two teams will start on site at different locations to reduce the duration of the works. However, delays in Oldbury town centre and the surrounding area are unavoidable and at peak times significant levels of congestion are anticipated.
Roads affected include:
- Oldbury Ringway
- West Bromwich Street
- Roway Lane
- Church Street
- Freeth Street.
The scheme is anticipated to progress as follows:
- Monday 6 February – Friday 3 March: Three-way temporary traffic signals on West Bromwich Street/ Roway Lane
- Monday 6 February – Friday 28 April: Lane Closures – Oldbury Ringway and Churchbridge
- Saturday 4 March – Saturday 11 March: Three-way temporary traffic signals on West Bromwich Street/ Fountain Lane
- Saturday 11 March – Tuesday 2 March: Two-way temporary traffic signals on West Bromwich Street
- Saturday 8 April – Sunday 9 April: Two-way temporary traffic signals on Freeth Street
- Saturday 15 – Monday 17 April: Two-way temporary traffic signals on Oldbury Ringway (near the junction of West Bromwich Street)
- Tuesday 2 May – Tuesday 16 May: Two-way temporary traffic signals on Church Street
Sandwell Council will hold a weekly meeting with National Grid and information on any significant changes to the programme will be made available and passed onto the public as soon as possible.
For more information on the works please contact Iftakhar Hussain of National Grid by calling 07921 944758 or email email@example.com. Alternatively, email enquiries regarding this scheme to sandwell_TMApplications@sandwell.gov.uk or firstname.lastname@example.org.